Different colours, the same antimicrobial properties
KME Plus® is a range of coloured alloys with antimicrobial efficacy backed by scientific evidence.
Five families of alloys have been created and classified according to their colours: from red to yellow, to a selection of grey tones, this exclusive range offers architects and designers the opportunity to benefit from the antimicrobial action of KME Plus® alloys without compromising on the creativity of design.
KME Plus® main characteristics:
- a broad spectrum of coloured alloys
- antimicrobial activity backed by science
- relevant physical properties that are typical of copper such as durability, resistance to wear and to harsh environments
- good retention of detail and finish over time
- good workability.
Different formats, the same antimicrobial properties
KME Plus® alloys can be supplied in practically all the KME standard shapes* for semi-finished products in the following sizes.
* KME Plus® available product sizes and specifications are subject to manufacturing feasibility. Widths and diameters of flat products may vary depending on the KME Plus® family of alloy. For any specific requirements, please contact our technical department.
Different machining or forming processes, always good workability
Standard manufacturing processes such as:
- cold forming
- hot forming
- brushing, glass bead blasting, polishing, vibratory finishing,… (for surface finishes)
normally applied to metals can also be applied to the KME Plus® alloys with no impact on their antimicrobial properties.
NOTE: For the US market, KME Plus® alloys apply only for EPA registered alloys.