With his figures (year 2013) KME is the number one Group in the world in the production of semi-finished copper and copper alloy products, with a product range including special high technology components.
- 405,000 tons annual production of copper and copper alloy semi-finished products
- € 2,335 million revenue
- 12 production sites in the major European national markets and in China
- 2 industry-leading research centres: one in Italy and one in Germany
- Service and technical assistance centres in the world’s principal industrial areas
- Global sales network with offices, agencies and trading companies which cover the major European countries as well as the American and Asian markets
- about 6,000 employees
- 21,000 business partners counting clients and suppliers.
Founded in 1886 as "SMI - Società Metallurgica Italiana", KME is today an industrial group with head offices in Florence and Europe-wide operations, with a leading position in the world copper processing industry.
In fact KME can be included among the first eight industrial groups in the world in the non-ferrous metals sector and among the first thirty industrial groups in the world in the metals sector (ferrous and non-ferrous).