The mineral insulated heating cables are composed of:
- Single copper (for low specific resistance) or kumanal (up to 2,7 Ω/m) conductors;
- Magnesium oxide insulation highly compressed
- Copper (resistant up to 250°C) or Cupro-Nickel (up to 400°C) outer sheath
- Additional HDPE outer covering if used under concrete
Mineral insulated heating cables are used in the following applications:
With HDPE outer covering
- Snow melting and frost prevention on outdoor surfaces such as roads, ramps and steps.
- Frost protection of cold store floors
- Domestic heating
- Roof, gutter and downpipe de-icing systems
Electrical heat tracing for industrial piping and tanks in the presence of corrosive agents, marine environment or potentially explosive atmospheres.