As a matter of basic principle, moulds are designed as expendable items. Yet, in certain cases it may be economically worthwhile for a client to have his large-section moulds reworked.
KME's maintenance and repair services for mould tubes and plates include the proper remachining as well as repair of stud-welded moulds and possible recoating of the copper, plus a complete overhaul of the entire mould assembly, if needed. These services for maintenance, assembling, recoating etc. are for customer requirements on a worldwide basis to be handled in the network of KME mould service centers.
- Recoating of mould plates with short turnaround time and low volume of plates in circulation
- Implementation of coating and machining facilities close to the location of purpose
- Maintenance in 3 steps:
1. Recoating and machining of mould plates
2. Phase 1 including maintenance of water boxes
3. Phase 1 and 2 including engineering solutions for continuous casting and consulting for modernizations
- Access to a worldwide database of settings and designs of the market leader in
- Technical support and exchange of information next door
- Simplified implementation and support for trials on new products
- New designs in coatings to be adopted for new plates and repairs
- Close supplier and customer relationship in terms of maintenance and spare products