For high productivity levels to be achieved it is crucial that the downstream casting plants and rolling mills are continuously supplied with iron. Throughout the world, KME’s cooling elements play a vital role in ensuring that blast furnaces are readily available and consequently achieve a high level of productivity.
Modern-day copper stave coolers insulate the outer shell from the process heat generated in highly stressed furnaces. Yet, depending on where they are positioned within the blast furnace, they will be subjected to differing levels of thermal load.
Throughout the world, KME Copper Staves play a vital role in ensuring that blast furnaces are readily available and consequently achieve a high level of productivity. KME was involved in the development of Copper Staves from the very beginning and is also the owner of the basic patent. Copper Stave cooling is today the method utilized in leading blast furnaces worldwide.
- High cooling efficiency
- Long lifetime
- Easy to assemble
- Fin tubes from high thermal conductivity and deoxidized copper material with excellent weld ability characteristics
- Wall Cooling Elements for Electric Arc Furnaces
- Optimization of existing sand cast Plate Cooler
- Plate Cooler made by wrought copper design (extruded and drawn copper profiles)
- Offer a product made by KME Germany
- Cooling technology used in ca. 50% of all Blast Furnaces in the world, the other Blast Furnaces use Copper Staves