Declaration Corona Virus Disease “Covid-19” (SARS-CoV-2)
Dear valued customer,
KME SE affiliates, hereinafter referred to as KME, are aware of the actual coronavirus
(COVID-19) escalation over the past months and weeks and we are observing the situation very closely.
This situation creates a lot of uncertainty and it has already affected the business and supply chain of many companies across the world.
KME continues to review currently implemented precautionary measures in our Group on daily basis and, if necessary, to adapt new measures according to this volatile situation.
Our operations in Italy, France and Spain were partially disrupted due to local regulations at the very end of March and parts of April. However, these restrictions are over and they are back to business as usual.
As of today, we are in full operational mode and plan to keep up normal production and related delivery service. We maintain sales, marketing, and other commercial activities at a normal level and plan to continue doing so to the maximum possible level going forward. Any potential affected customers have been informed and we keep on communicating with them on daily basis.
Health and safety of our employees as well as the one of our business partners has the highest priority and we are following the situation closely. According to our KME wide implemented business contingency plan, we installed significant preventive actions to limit the risk of coronavirus spreading, to limit the impact on your and our business, as well as of other stakeholders. We monitor the situation day by day and update our activities accordingly. We would like to share the activities with you.
In KME, we have currently installed the following actions, but not limited to:
- Stop travelling in general regardless of the destination. As an exception, only business critical trips may be approved
- Significant preventive hygiene and safety measures are put in place in all sites
- Ensuring distance between persons including canteen, social rooms and production areas
- Reorganizing shift overlaps to avoid personal contacts
- Avoid physical meetings and change to phone conference and WEB based –meetings
- Cancel or postpone larger internal and external meetings / conference etc.
- Significant reduction and restriction of access for external visitors
- Apply “mobile smart work” as much as possible
We trust and expect that these activities will protect our employees and, as consequence, minimise the impact on our production flow. In exchange, this should assure the functioning of the supply chain within KME to enable the Group to deliver your orders with no potential disruption. We will regularly post updated information on our corporate website, as well as contact directly our customers and other stakeholders if there is any material change. For further questions, please do not hesitate to contact your KME sales-representative. KME SE Board