TECU® products from KME are made of copper and copper alloys. Copper is a natural element. Copper products are durable, recyclable and committed to the idea of sustainability "by nature". For the manufacturing of TECU® products, copper is used exclusively from recycled stocks. Copper is 100% recyclable, so there is a huge potential: 90 % of all copper ever extracted and processed worldwide is still in use today.
Building with TECU® is a commitment to sustainability. The environmentally friendly properties of the material are certified according to ISO 14025 and EN 15804 (EPD). Building certifications are possible according to LEED, BREEAM and DGNB.
TECU® products are solely made from scrap metal and production scrap – with all the economic and ecological advantages.
TECU® products are ecologically harmless and environmentally friendly throughout the entire production and usage cycle.
TECU® products last for at least the life of a house when professionally installed - and retain a high value even after that.
- Environmentally friendly KME process technologies such as the innovative melting technology for recycling ensure productivity, resource conservation, energy efficiency and climate protection.
- KME's quality management is certified according to ISO 9001 and IATF 16949.
- KME's environmental and energy management is certified according to ISO 14001 and ISO 50001.
- KME's occupational health and safety is certified according to OHSAS 18001.
- KME is a member of the MARS (Metal Alliance for Responsible Sourcing) initiative in favour of a sustainable design and certification of raw material procurement.